Problem Opening Text Photos
Ohioguy215
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had many occasions when someone texts me a photo and as I receive it, it says "Download".  I tap "Download" but nothing happens and I am unable to view the photo.  Since this is also a function I use for my work, it's very important to me what I need to or what I'm not doing correctly.  Thanks in advance for your useful advice.

LG G2 Verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Picture texts will not send/receive over wi-fi, they require a cellular data connection.  They count against your text package, though, not your data plan.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ohioguy215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks titkibar1 and Ann.  Being a first-time "smart-phone" user, I did not know the data connection needs to be on to download photos.  I'm very thankful for this forum and your advice.  Take care and thanks again.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your cellular data connection turned on and active at the times this happens?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ohioguy215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann, I thought you meant, "Was the mobile data turned on?"  It was not since I had Wi-Fi but I've since turned it on and the photo downloaded nicely.  Didn't think I'd need mobile data turned on to download a photo.?.?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Picture texts will not send/receive over wi-fi, they require a cellular data connection.  They count against your text package, though, not your data plan.

Ohioguy215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann, no data connection is on but I'm in the house with a very strong Wi-Fi connection.  I would think the data connection would be irrelevant with the Wi-Fi.

0 Likes