Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Problem Opening Text Photos
Ohioguy215

I've had many occasions when someone texts me a photo and as I receive it, it says "Download".  I tap "Download" but nothing happens and I am unable to view the photo.  Since this is also a function I use for my work, it's very important to me what I need to or what I'm not doing correctly.  Thanks in advance for your useful advice.

LG G2 Verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Problem Opening Text Photos
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Picture texts will not send/receive over wi-fi, they require a cellular data connection.  They count against your text package, though, not your data plan.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Expert
Expert

Is your cellular data connection turned on and active at the times this happens?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ohioguy215

Ann, no data connection is on but I'm in the house with a very strong Wi-Fi connection.  I would think the data connection would be irrelevant with the Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
Ohioguy215

Ann, I thought you meant, "Was the mobile data turned on?"  It was not since I had Wi-Fi but I've since turned it on and the photo downloaded nicely.  Didn't think I'd need mobile data turned on to download a photo.?.?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Picture texts will not send/receive over wi-fi, they require a cellular data connection.  They count against your text package, though, not your data plan.

Ohioguy215

Thanks titkibar1 and Ann.  Being a first-time "smart-phone" user, I did not know the data connection needs to be on to download photos.  I'm very thankful for this forum and your advice.  Take care and thanks again.