Question re: SMS spoofing
Jhmartin

Is there away to determine the real number that a spoofed SMS came from?  A friend received a text message stating it was someone in our family but we were all sitting together so we know that it was not sent by us. The number was our number but the message was not sent by us. How do we find out who is impersonating us and using our number to send text messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question re: SMS spoofing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jhmartin,

Oh no! This isn’t something any of us what to hear happen. With spoofing, there actually isn’t a way to find out who that person is. With many high tech 3rd party apps, there is always this possibility for this to happen unfortunately. A way that you can avoid this from happening again is changing your phone number. You can do that for no extra charge through your my Verizon account online. If you would like to change your number, please click here http://vz.to/1ODvmHY to sign into your online my Verizon account. Once you sign in, it will take you right to the page to change your number.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

tammy_wingo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need help to view

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place . Help is here. What are you trying to view? What kind of device do you have?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes