Re: Can't Send or Receive Text Messages
Puterman55

Same here, in west Tennessee.. for over a month now.. And, went from an old flip to the new Droid 4, but still no texting, send or receive. So I concluded it obviously was not the phone, and had to be "the network", to use their advertising phrase.. Still no texting, and it's a pain in the posterior.

(Branched this post to this new discussion for better exposure..original thread too old)

Message was edited by:  Verizon Moderator (M)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Puterman55,

I understand text is an important form of communication and I would love to help!  Are you unable to text in a specific area or everywhere?  Are other Verizon Wireless users near you experiencing this as well?  What zip code are you located in?  Please share more details, so I may further assist.  Thank you! 

Tominque_VZW

0 Likes
sandweber

This is a first for me - ever. I am in 89131 and received no text messages for 2 days. I finally just rebooted my LG Extravert and wham! I received over a dozen messages! These are from numbers I always text. I was able to send text ok during this time - I think....but it's hard to tell. I never got an error message. I have been testing over the last hour and it appears that I have to reboot to get any new messages. I should not have to wait 20 minutes or more for something that took only seconds or minutes 3 days ago, so I don't think it's my phone. Please help. thank you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try dialing *228, option 1 to reset your connection to the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sandweber

Thank you! This worked...that has never happened to me before....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad it worked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes