Re: How do I regain my photo avatar in messages?
MsCassandra6

The avatars are completely gone now and they did use to have it on both sides.  I have screenshots of the conversations with avatars for recipients and senders. Please advise!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MsCassandra6,

Making sure you can do everything you need to on your account is a big deal. We're always glad to help find the best options. What type of phone are you using? What application are you not seeing these avatars in? What shows up instead?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
larasmith

I am having the same issue now after updating the app on my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G phone. I was able to get the avatar back up for the recipient but still not for the sender (myself). And before today, I had both avatars showing. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

larasmith - we want you to be able to message & see the avatars on your awesome phone. When you say avatars, do you mean the pictures (images) of the person you are texting? Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you using Verizon Messages+ app? If so, is that app updated in the Google Play Store?  AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
larasmith

Yes that's what I mean. I have the avatar for the recipient but not mine. And yes I'm using the Verizon Message+ app, and yes it's updated. That's how all this happened in the first place was after the app had updated. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted. We want to find a fix. When did the issue start? Aside from the app update, what recent changes have you made? Aside from the avatar dilemma, any other problems?

0 Likes
facefart

I have a Galaxy j7 V for Verizon. I am using the original message plus Verizon app. And it's not that something shows up instead of the avatars. It just used to be an option to use the Avatars and it's not anymore. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to have the features you need on the app, facefart. We are here to help. When did this issue start? Is the app up to date?*Rebecca

0 Likes