Re: Integrated Messaging web app not showing contacts
ryan_morgan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Michelle,

Thank you for your response.  I have followed your instructions, and they work.  While this is a step in the right direction, it's still not correct.

I would direct you to the Verizon Messages FAQ at http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/FeaturesandOptionalServices/verizon-messages.html.  Bullet 21 reads as follows:

-- Does Verizon Messages include an address book that’s different from my phone’s address book?

-- No, Verizon Messages uses your phone’s address book and contact list. It doesn’t generate a unique address book.

For me to have to add a contact name to each conversation in the web application is in direct contrast to what's written in bullet 21.  In addition, there is no synchronization.  For instance, let's say I have a contact in my phone named "John Doe".  In the web application, I went to the conversation I had with John and added his name as "Bill Smith".  The web application now works as it's supposed to, as long as I refer to him as Bill Smith.  If I type "John Doe", no contact is recognized.  This means that the Integrated Messaging web app is indeed keeping a separate, non-synchronized contact list, exactly what it's NOT supposed to do.  This clearly takes away from the "seamless" experience that Verizon Integrated Messaging is marketed as supporting.

Further, there appears to be another technical glitch.  Each time I add a name to a conversation (as per your instructions), I receive an unexpected text message on my phone from 6200, with a cryptic message, something like this:

//F1 TYPE=SAS;UI=1;CONT=1,0,0;

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ryan_morgan

I'm glad that worked better for you!  I use the same app on my device as well.  In order for the contacts to appear on the web, you will first need to "Sync" from the phone application.  Once you sync the conversations from your phone, you can then "Refresh" the conversations on the web and the contact names in your conversation list will display.  When you compose a new message from the web, you can then type in the name of the contact you want to message.  Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MKamp
Enthusiast - Level 2

The above mentioned steps do not solve my problem. I synced my phone and contacts still fail to appear.  I still can not view contacts on my tablet or web. Here is what I posted previously:

I have the Galaxy Note 2, BUA installed by VW (Unable to delete), but I have not synced contacts using BUA. Only stock Galaxy messaging app and Verizon Wireless Integrated Messaging  (VWIM) app installed. Stock keyboard installed.  No rooting or any of that kinda thing.

1. Phone: Contacts are visible in VWIM app and stock messaging app. Actually the VWIM app on the phone works very well.
  2. Tablet: Upon installation of the VWIM tablet app, some prior messages were synced to the tablet. But only the phone numbers are visible. No names nor pictures display. I am able to view messages on the tablet with no problems.  Now, when I create a new message on the tablet, as I begin typing their name, a drop down list appears containing the names, numbers and pictures of my contacts that match the name I'm typing. I select the name from the drop down list and the name appears in the recipient box of the new message. BUT upon sending the message, only the phone number (no name or pic) appears in the left column message list. There is no way to add a nickname to the phone numbers in the left column of the tablet app. Why would I anyway?
  3. Web interface: Only the phone numbers are visible in the message list on the left of the screen.  Now, when I create a new message on the web interface, as I begin typing a contact's name, a drop down list appears containing the nicknames that I typed into the web interface as you suggested to Ryan Morgan in a subsequent post. BUT none of my contact names appear at all. So to send a message from the web interface, I have to type the complete phone number for the recipient unless I've given them a nickname. (e.g. the nicknames appear in the message list on the left side of the web interface, but contact names from my address book do not).

The MightyText app that I tried once before syncs my address book among the web interface, tablet app & phone app. It works well so I know it's possible to sync the address books from Google and/or VW. Why don't I just use MightyText? I like your app better....

0 Likes
ryan_morgan
Enthusiast - Level 2

@AnthonyTa

You're glad what worked better for me?  Nothing is fixed.  The "sync" procedure you mentioned was already suggested by MarquiaF on 8/22/2013 (see above); it would appear you haven't actually read or understood the content of this thread.  Please read and follow the discussion, and then provide input/advice.