Re: Message+ for mac OSX freezing
QBOY61
Enthusiast - Level 2

Installed the v2.5.3 update and now Messages+ will not get past a white window.  Hung for over 15 min.  MacOS 10.13.6.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

QBOY61,We know the importance of ensuring you are able to connect your Mac to our Messages + application. Let's take a look at this together. Can you please provide the Software Version of your Mac? Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?  TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
NausetLight
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem. I have version 10.13.6

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@QBOY61 wrote:

Installed the v2.5.3 update and now Messages+ will not get past a white window.  Hung for over 15 min.  MacOS 10.13.6.

At what stage in the app launch does the white window show up?  Have you tried backing off the update(s), if possible?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
NausetLight
Enthusiast - Level 3

Window pops up as normal. Just opens as a blank white screen. How do I backoff the update? 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@NausetLight wrote:

Window pops up as normal. Just opens as a blank white screen. How do I backoff the update? 

How did you update it? Maybe there's an option to 'uninstall'.  I don't have a MAC to test.

0 Likes
NausetLight
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was just a normal update in app store for my MacBook. There were two updates. One security and one for message+. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@NausetLight wrote:

Was just a normal update in app store for my MacBook. There were two updates. One security and one for message+. 

In the App Store, can you send feedback to the developers describing your issue?

0 Likes
NausetLight
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can only submit a review. It's VZW. Tech support is only open M-F until 5pm. Not sure why they don't have their tech support working remotely. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@NausetLight wrote:

Can only submit a review. It's VZW. Tech support is only open M-F until 5pm. Not sure why they don't have their tech support working remotely. 

Well, maybe someone from the support team will see a review you write.  You can also send an email to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] which is the email address of the Verizon Messages support group.

0 Likes