Re: copies of sent and received text messages
mysweetlife528
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also need to get copies of the verbiage on my phone.  I was told by law enforcement that it is very difficult to get a subpeona and to try to get Verizon to help me since I have the messages locked in my phone,  Can I somehow download it?  I tried sending to my email but it only shows the date that was sent from my phone to the email not when my phone received it.  But it does show what was said.  BUT I don't think that is going to cut it even if I download the message dates and times seperately.  I am the account owner, plus the only one on the account.  I own three phones on the family account and the messages are between two of these phones.  He is being held on serious felony charges and text messages admitting what he did while he was trying to escape would be great help.  Thankfully they do have him now.  I would like to keep it that way.  Please help if you have any ideas.

<Branched to a new discussion.  Duplicate post and will be locked.  Please see any replies in .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: copies of sent and received text messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm sorry to hear of your problems, but there's not much Verizon can do without a court order due to privacy issues, even if it's your phone and your account.  You also are replying to old threads, so information can change.  (you also shouldn't cross-post)

Verizon doesn't have access to old text messages and the ones they do have access to requires a court order for them to release them.  Depending on what phone you have, you may be able to download an app that will allow you to print the text messages.  Otherwise, you may have to resort to just turning the phone over as evidence, as you mentioned in your other post.

Good luck.

0 Likes