Re-enable picture messaging once
sdm

My phone has text messaging and data services disabled. I really never text, and I don't want to pay to receive the spurious texts that may come my way.

HOWEVER, I have a one-time need to send myself a message with a sound attached. How can I re-enable the phone to receive a picture/sound message on a one-time basis?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Re-enable picture messaging once
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

sdm wrote:

My phone has text messaging and data services disabled. I really never text, and I don't want to pay to receive the spurious texts that may come my way.

HOWEVER, I have a one-time need to send myself a message with a sound attached. How can I re-enable the phone to receive a picture/sound message on a one-time basis?

Call customer care and ask to have it enabled. Once it is back up & running, send yourself the message you want. Once done call customer care back & disable it again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

What type of phone do you have. I think you really don't need to disable text and multimedia on phone. Just don't pay for the package. But if you decide to send or want to receive sms or mms, you will be charged for that on message. Like 10 cents to send or 20 cents to received. I could be wrong, it maybe more.:smileysurprised:

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

sdm wrote:

Call customer care and ask to have it enabled. Once it is back up & running, send yourself the message you want. Once done call customer care back & disable it again.

0 Likes