Re installing message + on my Windows 10 computer failure
tae111
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am attempting to reinstall messages+ on my windows 10 computer. It askes me for my mobile number and sends a code. When I enter that code in the Windows app it says There was a error while contacting the server try again in awhile. I can do that over and over and get the same message. Even if I wait awhile (not sure how long that is exactly) I still get the sane result. What is going on here?

0 Likes
Re: Re installing message + on my Windows 10 computer failure
tae111
Enthusiast - Level 3

13 times now following their directions exactly and it just won't work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help, tae111! Have you unsubscribed from integrated messaging within your phone app, then subscribed again? -Marshall

0 Likes
tae111
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found out by chance that when messages+ upgraded on my computer by itself that version, although appearing to be normal, was actually corrupt. When following the instructions for installation it would always fail when entering  the code sent to my phone.  The fix was uninstalling that program then reinstalling it from Microsoft store. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@tae111 wrote:

I found out by chance that when messages+ upgraded on my computer by itself that version, although appearing to be normal, was actually corrupt. When following the instructions for installation it would always fail when entering  the code sent to my phone.  The fix was uninstalling that program then reinstalling it from Microsoft store. 

The old Win10 M+ desktop versions 1.0.17.0 and 2.0.2.0 were disabled/blocked from accessing the messaging servers apparently sometime after the new v3.0.1.0 was finally released in the Microsoft Store around 8/21.  That caused them to stop working and failing attempts to reinstall.  The new v3.0.1.0 is the only Win10 M+ desktop app that is to be used, with all its faults.

If your issue is solved, you might mark this thread answered.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
76STEELERS

Does Version 3 fix the server connection error?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How long have you been getting this error?

*Alexis

0 Likes