Receive authorization code in iMessage app
Gslongvzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I sign in to my Verizonwireless account, a two-factor authorization code is sent via SMS text message to my cell phone of record. Why doesn’t this message also appear in the Verizonwireless Message+ app the same as all other messages from Verizonwireless —billing, usage etc.? This would enable signing in if I don’t have my cell phone.

0 Likes
Re: Receive authorization code in iMessage app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

See item 7 in the first part of the FAQs. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is confusing that you aren't able to receive that temporary PIN on non-primary devices using Verizon Message+, Gslongvzw. Since the code that is sent requires extra layers of security and features time sensitivity, this message can only be sent to the cellular device with the associated phone number on the account. Does this help clarify?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
sylsol25

Why doesnt checking "Register this device" on my PC, eliminate the need to get an "authorization code" on my phone each and every time I want to log in to Verizon on my PC? Its such a time waster.  

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!