Receiving 1 MMS text with ring tones Questions.
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a phone that can only have ring tones added via enhanced text (MMS/pics and vid). My questions are:

1. What is the cost to send 1 of these types of text....does the actual size of the attached ring tones matter?

2, If the size of files does not matter in regards to cost of this text, what is the maximum amount of kb or mb

that can be sent in 1 MMS text?   

I have only sent one of these types of texts via my email account to add 4 ring tones to my phone.  Some of them

were not loud enough when actually used on the phone.  I would like to add many more to my phone, but want

to understand the fees I would get if doing so.  I only have the basic $5 monthly text plan feature.  Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving 1 MMS text with ring tones Questions.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

rich215 wrote:

Thanks SuzyQ

Ok.....in regards to my $5 text plan:

I understand that I can send the pics and vids in a text, I just did not know if I would get charged extra data type fees to send a text like that.  No, they are all text, and part of your 250 messages.

So then on all the 10 possible blocking settings there are.....as long as I have them all blocked except  "Block Picture and Video Messaging",  I will not be charged any additional fees?  Correct.  The only fee would be per message if you went over your 250 message allowance.

In regards to sending ring tones via a email from my PC to my phone:

I will get a $0.25 charge fee for every email sent to my phone with the ring tones added ?  No, this is also a text message, and will come in as a picture message.   I am trying not to get any additional fees charged to my monthly service.  (to do this I have to take off the "Block Premium Messaging"  and or "Block All Data Services"  ?  Same settings as above, you can leave the Premium message block on, make sure picture and video messaging is allowed.  Although it's a sound file, the message is treated as a picture message.

Thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3
The size of the ringtone or pix does not matter in reference to your limited txt msg plan. now the person receive the message, depending on the carrier, can only accept a certain size KB or MB file,each carrier is different. but with a standard ringtone of like 45 seconds, you can send it anywhere
0 Likes
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

OH...sorry I did not explain myself well. 

I am sending myself a text from my email account on my pc.  So I am asking about how much would the text to my verizon phone cost on my limited plan....25 cents no matter how large the files.  I only did it one time and sent 4 ring tones in the one text message, 2 were about 75kb other 2 were about 128kb. 

I was not sure if there was a limit to quantity or file sizes of the attached ring tones per each enhanced text to my phone. 

0 Likes
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3
Well you did state that you have the $5 txt pack which gives you 250 Text, pics, or video, to send&receive in the USA. ringtones that or sent are received count as pic msgs, therefore no other charges would be incurred unless you go over said 250 txt limit. That is also a flat 1 picure message count towards your 250 NO MATTER the file size.
0 Likes
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, the $5 text plan is only for basic text, does not include any pics&vid texting.  That's why I am wondering how many ringtones I can put on each text that I send from my PC as an email with attachments. 

I send an email to "myphone#@vzwpix.com"      ie....1234567890@vzwpix.com

This is the only way I can import ringtones to my phone, as a MMS text and then save as ringtone when the phone gets the text message. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

rich215 wrote:

No, the $5 text plan is only for basic text, does not include any pics&vid texting. Are you sure?  I think all of Verizon's texting plans are for text/pix/flix - ALL messages are included and I'm not aware of any plans that are "basic" text.  The only reason I could think of that you would not have picture messaging is if there was a total data block on the phone, but then you wouldn't receive ANY of the emails....so I believe the emails you sent would be part of your 250 messages.  That's why I am wondering how many ringtones I can put on each text that I send from my PC as an email with attachments. If you are able to receive more than one ringtone per email, the total size cannot exceed something like 500 kb per MMS message.  Each ringtone should be about 30 sec or less duration.

I send an email to "myphone#@vzwpix.com"      ie....1234567890@vzwpix.com

This is the only way I can import ringtones to my phone, as a MMS text and then save as ringtone when the phone gets the text message. 

0 Likes
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks SuzyQ

I understand that I can send the pics and vids in a text, I just did not know if I would get charged extra data type fees to send a text like that. 

So then on all the 10 possible blocking settings there are.....as long as I have them all blocked except  "Block Picture and Video Messaging",  I will not be charged any additional fees?  

I will get a $0.25 charge fee for every email sent to my phone with the ring tones added ?   I am trying not to get any additional fees charged to my monthly service.  (to do this I have to take off the "Block Premium Messaging"  and or "Block All Data Services"  ?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

rich215 wrote:

Thanks SuzyQ

I understand that I can send the pics and vids in a text, I just did not know if I would get charged extra data type fees to send a text like that.  No, they are all text, and part of your 250 messages.

So then on all the 10 possible blocking settings there are.....as long as I have them all blocked except  "Block Picture and Video Messaging",  I will not be charged any additional fees?  Correct.  The only fee would be per message if you went over your 250 message allowance.

I will get a $0.25 charge fee for every email sent to my phone with the ring tones added ?  No, this is also a text message, and will come in as a picture message.   I am trying not to get any additional fees charged to my monthly service.  (to do this I have to take off the "Block Premium Messaging"  and or "Block All Data Services"  ?  Same settings as above, you can leave the Premium message block on, make sure picture and video messaging is allowed.  Although it's a sound file, the message is treated as a picture message.

0 Likes