Receiving Blank Text Messages from my own phone from Me
TIFFSWN

Dear Community,

I have been trying to research and find out if there was ever a resolution to this topic and I haven't found one. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and am up to date with the latest updates for this phone pushed out by Verizon Wireless (just did last update earlier this week). In the last couple of months I have been receiving a random blank text message from my phone number, that shows up as 'Me' with my profile pic. The latest one was received 1/25/2019 at 2:40p and as usual, my phone is sitting near me, I am not using it nor on it and from what I gather it isn't doing any strange random text to anyone else. I have gotten at least 3 text messages like this so far.

I use the already installed Message+ app (now version 6.6.7) that came with the phone and have never had this issue with this phone nor any previous Samsung Galaxy S versions I have had.  I run the Samsung Diagnostics and phone checks and nothing has raised any flags, so at this point, if there is a glitch in the Message app I would really like to know so I can either stop using it or find another message app to use until this is fixed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving Blank Text Messages from my own phone from Me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIFFSWN, it would be very odd to get blank messages from yourself. Let's work together to figure out this message issue. Are you able to make phone calls or browse online with your Wi-Fi off? What is the closest city and intersection to where this is happening? 

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, TIFFSWN, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We apprecieate your quick response, as well as these updated details. Now that we've got this confirmed, it's vital we continue to review this further. To continue to utilize your time to the best of our ability, can we have you verify if any troubleshooting steps have been completed within the last 24 hours? If so, please let us know the last step you've completed so we can continue to get more details in regard to your current situation. To continue to utilize your time ot the best of our ability, can we have you confirm if there have been any troubleshooting steps taken thus far? If there are no troubleshooting steps that have been performed, the next step would be a Network Reset. A Network Reset can be performed to confirm that your device is running to the best of it's ability while holding its strongest connection to our service tower. In most cases this can be performed by completing the following steps : Settings < General < Reset < Reset Network Settings. Tap this again and your device will power cycle. When the power cycle has completed, tap Cellular Data and Wi-Fi both off and on, while turning Airplane Mode on and off. Now, use your device as you normally would for roughly 5 minutes and let us know if you see any changes in your device performance. We'll be right here waiting to look into the results with you. However in the event you're seeing no changes towards your device performance, the next step would be a SIM card pull. A SIM card pull can be done by powering off your device, and using something similar to a paperclip and inserting this into the SIM tray. Now, pull the SIM card out and let your device sit for roughly one to three minutes. Place the SIM card back into the tray and power your device back on. When the power cycle has completed, perform the same steps as when the Network Reset had completed (Cellular Data & Wi-Fi off/on - Airplane Mode on/off). Now, use your device as you normally would for roughly five to ten minutes. In the event you've seen no changes towards your device performance the next step would be a Factory Reset. 

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hljoe6913
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have this problem since update 25. I have performed the tasks listed to no avail. I still get random messages from myself when I am asleep and my phone is charging. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want you to consistently have this issue. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstalling the messaging application? If you haven't, please try this step. If you have attempted this step, please let us know.

BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes