Receiving Of Group Messages Is Delayed
Eagle1019

For awhile now whenever I am involved in a group message I notice that I receive them later then others in the group since we are sometimes next to other members of the group.  I have seen it delayed as much as 32 minutes.  I have seen this issue when using the stock app, handcent, and the new verizon messages app. 

Is there anyone else that is having this issue or has had it that can give some advice.  My contract with Verizon ran out this month and I'm starting to look around at other carriers.  Not only could this fix my messageing issue but could negotiate a good deal on a phone by being a new customer.

Any advice would help.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving Of Group Messages Is Delayed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eagle1019, we understand how important it can be to get messages on time. What is the make/model of your device? When you experience these delayed messages, how many bars of signal do you have?

EstebanP_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Eagle1019

I am using the Samsung Galaxy S4.  I am uncertain of how many bars I have but I imagine that the service would vary as I drive around my city for work and that's normally when I'm noticing this.  I do notice it when I'm at home too. 

I have nothing to base it on but it's like the message gets stuck somewhere in Verizon before coming to me.  I don't know how this would happen but it's frustrating.  I'm not certain but I think most of the people that I'm texting with are on other carriers.  I know for a fact that their phones are made by several different companies. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eagle1019, thanks for providing these details. Have you attempted turning off your devices Wi-Fi?

EstebanP_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes