Receiving mms HELP
KelleyW

Since getting Samsung stratosphere: Cannot receive any mms text messages. Says "downloading" and thats it. I have the autoretreive checked so thats not it. its not a connectivity issue. Seems to be a common problem with people with this phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving mms HELP
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello KelleyW,

I would like to make sure your picture messages work as they should! Are your other data services working properly? Are you using the native messaging application or have you downloaded one from the Market?  I can investigate the account settings further and make sure everything is setup properly.  Please send me a private message with your name and cell number, as I am confident we can resolve your messaging concerns together.

0 Likes
wst

Wife hs same problem, with new Stratosphere (less than  2 weeks old). Turned off autodownload in settings and was able to manually get the MMS when pressing the "Download" button in the message box.

But sometimes get a error that the message cannot be downloaded at this time.

Verizon claimed it was due to "4G outage". But too many people are having the problem, and it seems to be specific to the Stratosphere. Sounds like time for a operating system patch from verizon. 

0 Likes
jpgranone

Was this ever solved?  I am getting the same issue with my Nexus now.  Everything works fine on the phone but MMS.  SMS, internet, app downloads, and so on work just fine.  However, the downloads for MMS just hang after I hit download.  I have restarted my phone and still no luck.  The MMS is coming from an iPhone 4 on AT&T to my Galaxy Nexus on Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jpgranone! You mentioned having this issue when trying to receive MMS from an iPhone with another carrier. I'm curious if you've tried to receive messages from a VZW line, and if so, what happened. Please advise. Thanks!

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes