Receiving text from Verizon every 15-20 minutes
rallenatl

receiving VZ Messages with a different PIN from 900080004102 on my Outlook exchange email every few minutes - How do I turn this off? It started happening after the last Verizon system update

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving text from Verizon every 15-20 minutes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Messages has received numerous updates lately; do you have the latest version?  Version 6.4.1111 was released 3/24/17:

Re: Verizon Messages - v.6.4.9

0 Likes
rallenatl

Yes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rallenatl, I understand your concern receiving multiple different messages to your email account. I would be as well if this was happening to me. What device are you using Verizon Messages with? Have you uninstalled the last update to the application? If not please do so to see if this stops the messages from sending.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TrishCats
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same exact problem, and doing a search on this, it appears many other customers are having this problem as well, dating back several months.  Why hasn't this been fixed by now?  It almost seems as if someone is trying a different pin number every 15 minutes from this number:  900080004102 until they get a match.  And it's the same number that's messaging several other people. I have blocked these on my phone, but can't block them on my Outlook email for some reason. I got about 50 of them since yesterday, and this has been going on for days now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting these multiple messages can be a little much, TrishCats. We want to ensure we get these to stop coming through so much to you. What make and model phone do you have? Have you checked your Messages+ app to ensure you have the most recent updates installed?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes