Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duppy1, receiving a message saying insufficient funds to receive a message is very alarming to me. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me are you having issues sending and receiving a text? Also, confirm for me have you notice this after anything new that has been done with your device (a new application installed, software update, etc)?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
duppy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a text too right before this started and I said I wasn't the person they were looking for. They said "Please disregard." Was that the hacker testing to see if i've got a viable number? It just may have been. 

This is appallling Verizon has allowed us to endure this. I just got this number too in order to get away from spam texts and now it's worse than ever. 

0 Likes
duppy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep. We've been hacked.

0 Likes
Waybadd

WHATS the answer Verizon???????????

0 Likes
VolsGrad89

I just blocked a number about an hour ago.  I have received two of these messages already.   All I have seen is a generic we are sorry you are going through this from Verizon.  They have become as pathetic as Comcast and others with issues!!!  What is the answer Verizon????  There must be some kind of issue when people block someone!!!!  I don't have a prepaid cell, never had!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

duppy1, making sure all of your text messages are legit is vital. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We recommend that you follow this link http://vz.to/2oRs6yk and reference number 10 to view the steps on how to report the Spam text message you are receiving. Does this help?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
amyd1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

When you block a number using the smart family app you will receive this message when the blocked contact tries to contact you. I know this for a fact. I tested it out with my work phone. 

amyd1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

@VolsGrad89 wrote:

I just blocked a number about an hour ago.  I have received two of these messages already.   All I have seen is a generic we are sorry you are going through this from Verizon.  They have become as pathetic as Comcast and others with issues!!!  What is the answer Verizon????  There must be some kind of issue when people block someone!!!!  I don't have a prepaid cell, never had!!!!

It is definitely someone you blocked trying to text you when you get this message. I tested it out myself. 

dessey

I am trying to connect with your "Chat" people right now!!!  I started getting this message when I put a block on someone's number. This was on November 4, 2019 that the number was blocked. Ever since then I have gotten this text message coming from MY phone number stating, "Recipient has insufficient funds to receive messages". One day I got that message 18 times in 20 minutes!!  Today it was 4 times in less than one minute!!  I have an old school Qwerky slider basic phone, that sadly will be obsolete at the end of this month!!!  I have not changed plans or made any other changes, except for putting a block on a phone number. I thought that the person was trying to text me which was why I was getting the messages....but after reading this community post.....I am not so sure anymore!  What is going on Verizon??? Why are you not fixing this OBVIOUS issue??

0 Likes
Johnc123

I have the same issue and it just started after I blocked a number. It must have something to do with that

0 Likes