Recover Text Message Thread That was Deleted by Mistake
Magyarniac

Hi Everyone!

Late, yesterday, I discovered that accidently my long thread of text messages between myself and my wife was somehow deleted.  I don't remember ever deleting it.  The text message thread is still on my wife's phone.  I am using the Verison Message+ on both phones and our phones are the Samsung Galaxy S8+ phones.

Is there a way for me to recover the deleted text message thread by copying it from my wife's phone to mine?  I've tried doing it by using Verizon Cloud Backup, but I encountered problems. First the thread has my picture on it (when it used to have her picture on it). Second, when I get the text file over to my phone it has all of the messages reversed so that the messages that my wife sent to me appear as though I have sent them and the messages that I sent to her appear as though my wife sent to me. 

However, I thought that should have worked off of the sender's and recipients phone numbers so that it would not reverse the roles.

Am I doing something wrong?  Any ideas anybody?

Thanks,

Magyarniac

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recover Text Message Thread That was Deleted by Mistake
rcschnoor
Legend

No, if you save a message from your wife's line and then restore it(regardless of where you are restoring it to), it will STILL be as if it is on your wife's line. There is no way to make a message saved from one line THINK it was originally sent/received from another line.

0 Likes
Re: Recover Text Message Thread That was Deleted by Mistake
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should verify the application isn't setup to delete messages after a certain amount or date.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.