Repeating notification sounds
sellis495

Over the past few days (Messaging App aparently updated on April 19), when i look at a text, i get the notification sound repeating multiple times. Like 5-10 times I'll hear the sound. It is a real problem, because it makes a lot of noise when I am trying to look at my texts! How can I fix this, or revert back to last version?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Repeating notification sounds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sellis495,

We can relate to how important it is that you don't receive excessive notifications when you receive a message. Once the application has been updated, it cannot be reverted. What happens when you select a different notification? Does this happen for all messages, or just messages from a certain contact?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
wilbur5k

I have exactly the same problem that started a few days ago. The Play store says it updated itself April 18th, supposedly to fix bugs and add new features, but it clearly created new bugs.  Whenever I open the Message+ app, I get 10 or 20 loud beeps that used to come one at a time whenever a message arrived in the background. Now they seemed to be saved up, and perhaps duplicated, when the app is opened.

I never noticed what version of message+ was installed before but it is now 6.8.2.  My phone is Mot Z2 Play, Android veresion 8.0.0.  All App permissions are turned on for Message+.  Restarting the phone doesn't solve the problem-- when the phone finishing restarting, it starts beeping like crazy if there are any new messages that have arrived in the background.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance of making sure your Messenger application is working properly. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the application? Does your device require a software update?  ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
aamen

I have same question also

0 Likes
dwsmith67

I have the same issue with a Moto Play1.  Wonder if it's a Motorolla mis-match in the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your Message+ app to work properly for you, dwsmith67. We are here to help you with that issue with the notification.

Typically, the issue you describe is related to the app itself. Since this issue started have you tried clearing cache of the Message+ app? Here is a link to show you how to do that for an app https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206376/  

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes