Resore messages from smartswitch
Krlkemp

I restored my messages using Samsung smartswitch. S6 edge plus, which was factory reset and wiped out.

All the messages appear correctly in the samsung message app but only a few appear in verizon message plus app.

It is not the 90 day thing because I didn't restore from verizon cloud and missing messages are less than 9o days old.

How can I make the message appear in verizon message plus app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Resore messages from smartswitch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krlkemp,

We definitely want you to have all your vital text messages. Do you know if you used Verizon Cloud to also back up your messages? If so, have you attempted to restore content from the Cloud? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-161979/

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Resore messages from smartswitch
Krlkemp

No I didn't use verizon cloud. I don't use that feature. My messages were not backed up there they were backed up on a PC using smartswitch.

Shouldn't the message plus app and the native samsung message app use the same data files for the messages?

I don't understand why they don't match..

0 Likes