Re: Restore Converstions in Verizon Mesages/Message+
AndyW716
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Reading through this and getting very discouraged in my current situation. I too woke up today to find that my entire 7-year running conversation with my girlfriend was deleted. All our inside jokes, shared memes and various media, photos of our puppy, vacation plannings, disagreements and resolutions, etc...all gone. This morning my phone performed a system update. Once complete, ALL my messages were gone...but after a phone restart, they all came back EXCEPT for the conversation between myself and my girlfriend. We are both devastated by this, as you can imagine. I have tried all the steps already outlined above in this conversation history. Any other ideas I can try would be greatly appreciated.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how precious those messages are to you. Did you have your text messages backed up? 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Colton3

I had this same problem this morning, i woke up with absolutely no messages. I've looked all over and havent found anything that would help me get them back, They all say to use the restore online option on the app, but the restore option only says restore from sd. Please if i could get some help that would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm truly sorry to hear your messages were deleted Colton3. I know that is frustrating but we are here to help. Did you have any devices changes recently or software updates? Did you install in new messaging apps to your phone last night? We want to know if there was a reason the messages deleted. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonCustomer15
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's quite obvious these so called "community managers" don't have a clue on what to do.  You present them with a problem, and in turn, they answer your problem with a question instead of offering  a solution. They're gonna ask you questions on end instead of just simply saying they don't know what's going on and they don't have a solution. This is terrible because I too do not have the option to restore messages from online on my Samsung Galaxy note 8,  And I just switched to on your phone , so all my past conversations are gone,  so there's that. 

Smithjr

I have the same problem with my wife's Motorol z3. It occurs only in Msg+ with MMS Groups. You type something to the Group, turn the phone off, turn the phone back on... and the text you just typed disappears. If you leave the phone on, the text isn't deleted. I spent a long time with Verizon Support... got escalated Tier 3 support and they couldn't find a solution. This isn't a problem isolated to me, lots and lots of people are having it and apparently Verizon has no clue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We ask questions so that we can find out exactly what is going on so that we can resolve the issue. This is all part of troubleshooting. If you prefer to contact Verizon Wireless directly for assistance, you may do so.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/

Unless you had the messages backed up, the messages cannot be restored. I am sorry about that, of course this is not the answer you would want to hear, and we wish we had better news for you.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Wired4Fun
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • These Verizon reps CLAIM to ask questions to better understand the problem, which clearly indicates they are not actually READING the incredibly descriptive explanations of the problem in the initial requests from the consumers of the product.

I get it, you don't know what happened, but rather than throwing darts and having your customers jump thru hoops based upon a hunch you might have (restart your phone, etc), why don't you just elevate these questions and concerns to the appropriate department so that the people responsible for the mistake can be made aware, and therefore implement a legitimate solution??? 

When you attempt to offer a suggestion of your own, which you clearly do not understand, you are further exacerbating the problem, because FIRST, you are only managing to further frustrate your paying customers thru your failure to fix the problem, and SECOND, you are completely insulating the Verizon engineers from even KNOWING the problem exists!!

The problem is quite clear, and has been perfectly identified on numerous occasions in this thread:

There is NO LONGER an option to Restore Text Messages from ONLINE!!

PLEASE FIX ASAP!! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. After reviewing the feedback you've provided here, we'd certainly like to assist you (e.g. Restore conversations in Verizon Messages/Message +). Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ll need your permission to gain access to your account. Please check your Inbox as we’ve sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

http://spr.ly/66071AHFd 

- RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
kvslab
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was your problem "not seeing the restore from online" ever resolved?

0 Likes