Retrieving old saved text messages
DNMFERN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I saved many of my old texts. I can't find them anywhere. How to I get them? I was using Messenger+ I held down on the messages and used the save option. I need to go back to early 2016. It is very important. I hope someone can assist me.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Retrieving old saved text messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
DNMFERN
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I keep getting the same answers from all of you. I have already tried those options. I always back up and these I also saved separately because I knew I would need them later. Now I can’t retrieve them.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DNMFERN,

Being able to access your saved messages is everything. We want to be sure we're providing as much help as possible, so a bit more details about what you're experiencing will go a long way. What model device are you using Message+ on? Are you looking to restore the messages to your device or are you only looking to locate the file that was saved to your device?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you use a file manager app and navigate to the VZMessages folder in your phone's internal storage, are the files there?  They'd have a file name beginning with 'msg' and ending with 'vzm'.

0 Likes
Tazz3L
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, thank you, this is where i found the saved file.

But when i select the .vzm file, The phone then says "unable to open this file" ....I can search for one on the Play store.

What is the point of saving a text stream if you can't re-open it later? Is there an app to open this file? I'd like to print the text messages..... that's my real goal.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried copying the file to your computer, changing the extension to .html, and opening it with your browser?  In the future, if you have an Android, a text backup/restore app that provides printing would be a better option, in my opinion.

DNMFERN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to retreive them and print them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DNMFERN, when attempting to print a text message that has been saved to the memory of the phone, you will need a third party app like Android Desktop Manager. There are many similar options available in the Play Store that will allow you to move that file and open it in a readable format.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DNMFERN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't even find them to print them unfortunately

0 Likes