Ridiculous
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

A few days ago the app updated in the middle of my work day and I could no longer send pictures. At first they were stuck sending and later I started getting an account suspended error. I removed the update, rolled back to the factory version and still couldn't send pictures. After going through the troubleshooting assistant on the Verizon site I realized I could use the Samsung app so I switched to that. I noticed the messenger app kept updating so I went to the playstore and good grief after reading the reviews I see there are serious issues. Sticking with Samsung and after an automatic update for messenger though I am now no longer getting notifications or any indication that a reply or new message comes through.

Come on now, I switched from my flipphone so I could text with coworkers, friends and family and now this is about as reliable as snail mail. I don't need Kanvas to edit my pictures, the default editor was all I needed. All these other "features" folks are describing on the playstore I really have no experience with. I just need a reliable text service and I am seriously thinking about switching to one of your competitors.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ridiculous
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disable the Verizon Messages application and disable the automatic updates to the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Ridiculous
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I removed the updates again and did turn off the automatic update this time. Good suggestion, I will now disable the messenger app. Hopefully this will allow me the notifications, wish me luck. Thanks.

0 Likes