Ringtones
Dyon

Just got a Samsung SCH-u370.  This is my first experience with one of these types of phones.  I wanted to have a ringtone and spent most of yesterday trying to find out how to get the clip that wanted to the phone.  After trying many ways I finally found that with this phone I have to go through Verizon's messaging service.  Then I have to reduce the tune that I want to play to next to nothing.  My phone won't grab ahold of tune for a ringtone if I use the usb transfer.  I have to go through Verizon.  This is very disappointing.  It seems to me that if I want to play and entire song as my ringtone to play while it takes me some time to get to my phone, it shouldn't make any difference to Verizon or any other provider as it's only being played for my benefit.  It's not like they are having to transmit it to the person calling.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ringtones
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
The ringtone you select and that plays before you answer the phone or your voicemail kicks in is limited to 30 seconds or less (it loops if it is less than 30 sec). Why? Because that's the time allotted before the call is routed to your voicemail....there's no point to having a longer ringtone.

As far as getting tones to your phone, you can use a service like phonezoo, you can make your own using audio editing software and send them to yourself (use your email program, attach the file and send to your#@vzwpix.com ) or use Verizon's media store. I prefer to use the free alternatives like phonezoo....
0 Likes