S10 and missing/delayed texts
JB123123

I have been having the issue for a couple months now wherein people will send me texts and they are not received.  However, when restarting my phone, I will all of the sudden gets loads of texts at one time.  Some of these could be 24 hrs old. 

Additionally, (and more concerning) many times, duplicate texts from me will be sent out at the same time...sometimes days old.

I have changed text apps from google to verizon's

I have completely reset and reloaded the phone

One other note is that at the same time, I will experience issues with Apps updating/installing.  They will either sit in a download state or get to 100% installing and completely hang

I can no longer rely on messaging on this device.  Anyone experience this or have any fix?

0 Likes
Re: S10 and missing/delayed texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JB123123,

I would be concerned too if I were having any issues with my text messages. Is this something that happens every single day? Are you in a particular location when this occurs? Do you connect to Wi-Fi or 4G?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
JB123123

Not every day, I'd say every 2-3.  It happens on both wifi and 4g.  Eventually it will work, sometimes after upwards of a day, but only after following the ridiculous series of workarounds people suggest (and certainly not Inna consistent manner).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JB123123, we always want you to be able to get your messages without any worries. Are you only seeing issues with getting messages from a certain number or all numbers? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes