SMS Messages
mrbuzz90

Recently i Have received alot of SMS messages sent from Yahoo users and Yahoo instant messaging, are they included in my unlimited texting bundle or do they cost extra? i am on a pay as you go plan but pay extra for the texting bundle, it just seems my balance has dropped rapidly since this started.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SMS Messages
groovieknave
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any kind of instant message SMS should be coming thru as included in your bundle unless you have gone over the limit, then it would come out of your balance. If your balance is dropping and it is due to some kind of text message then these are Premium SMS that will charge you. You may want to call in to customer service and check but as far as instant messaging goes these are included in your bundle.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
groovieknave
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any kind of instant message SMS should be coming thru as included in your bundle unless you have gone over the limit, then it would come out of your balance. If your balance is dropping and it is due to some kind of text message then these are Premium SMS that will charge you. You may want to call in to customer service and check but as far as instant messaging goes these are included in your bundle.

0 Likes
groovieknave
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is where I got the information

http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Get%20It%20Now/faq_mobileim.html

Under question #2

Is there a subscription charge for Mobile Instant Messaging?
No. Instant Messages sent and received, User requests to refresh the Contact List, and Service Requests (Add Contact, Block Contact, etc.)are billed as TXT messages according to your pricing plan or TXT bundle. Verizon Wireless highly recommends TXT bundles or price plans with unlimited text messaging for Mobile IM users.

0 Likes
mrbuzz90

thank you both for the help

0 Likes