SMS issues. Android to IPhone
Kingda

I have been through the multitudeof issues related to sending an SMS from an Android device to an iPhone.  I have the registered my phone with apple and have been successful at sending messages. The issue is that the recipient with an iphone does not know that and I'm message will not get to me. In other words people are responding to my text with iphones and I am not receiving a responses. Customer service tells me that all that needs to be done is to tell the recipient to make certain the do not send it text as an I message. This is greatif you have the ability to tell every recipients the date need to turn off the time message feature. What does not work is when you are on able to tell the person in advance with the iphone.  I believe that in order to make certain the recipient have the ability to respond you need to notify them that you are sending this from my android device and I can only respond if they do not use I message. This is a very big issue and unless there is a solution I think I have to go back to an apple device. Please let me know if anyone has a solution. Simple question, is there anyway to know that your messagehas been

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SMS issues. Android to IPhone
rcschnoor
Legend

That is why Apple has chosen to implement it this way, to make it harder to switch back if you want to. Apple is not going to do anything for you.

Try texting "stop" to 48369 to remove your number from iMessage. Keep in mind that this is not going to do anything if the iPhone users don't have "send as SMS if iMessage is unavailable" activated.Smiley Happy

Or got o Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: SMS issues. Android to IPhone
rcschnoor
Legend

That is why Apple has chosen to implement it this way, to make it harder to switch back if you want to. Apple is not going to do anything for you.

Try texting "stop" to 48369 to remove your number from iMessage. Keep in mind that this is not going to do anything if the iPhone users don't have "send as SMS if iMessage is unavailable" activated.Smiley Happy

Or got o Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

0 Likes