STILL no texting
BrigC

I have been here before. I got the windows phone and it didn't have working text. came on here and did everything that Verizon suggested. Went into the store and they sent me a new phone. And STILL no texting. Now I am paying a bill for unlimited texting that I never used. I don't care about the money or even the inconvenience but my job requires that I have texting and they are getting very upset about not being able to reach me non-verbally. I love my phone and everything it can do but this texting problem is ridiculous. SO if you know of any tricks to fix this please HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: STILL no texting
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are your contacts using your full 10-digit phone number to try and send you a text?  Is texting blocked on your line for some reason?  Call customer service (800-922-0204 from any phone, or *611 from your handset) and have them check and recheck the provisioning to be sure texting is enabled.

What Windows phone do you have?  If it is s 4G, try removing and then reinserting the SIM card to reconnect yourphone with the network.  That may help. 

Is this a recent port from another carrier?

0 Likes
BrigC

Did the SIM card...nothing. I recent got on my own plan but have been with Verizon with this phone number for years.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

BrigC wrote:

... I recent got on my own plan but have been with Verizon with this phone number for years.

Call customer service, as I suggested above.  The provisioning for texting may not have been set up correctly when your new account was set up.  A simple phone call may be all it takes - 800-922-0204 from any phone, option 4 for "other", then say "Agent" to be connected to a live person in a minute or two.

0 Likes