STILL unable to send/receive pictures
quanno

I have an iPhone 4s that I purchased on Friday, Oct 28th when I switched from AT&T to VZW. I was told to wait 72 hours for all the provisioning to go through and it would be working. I have restored the phone, done *228 and option 1 and spent hours on the phone with technical support.

If I try to send an image, it fails. If someone sends me a picture, I get a text message telling me to go to the website to view my image. It seems to me that the Verizon network thinks that my phone is not a picture phone and, thus, cannot receive picture messages. Tech support says all the provisioning is correct on my phone and nothing needs to be reprovisioned. Any idea what is wrong here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: STILL unable to send/receive pictures
Not applicable

Hi quanno:

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned that our network doesn't recognize the phone as being a picture messaging-capable handset.  This is is definitely fixable.  A few questions I'd like to ask: Does regular data work? (Data must work in order for the picture message to be received). 

All the other stuff is network-related. I'll send you a PM to ensure this has been resolved. There is a specific system that we have built into the switch that recognizes your MMS (multimedia messaging) profile.  Part of that system is device type.  If it's still reflecting your old phone or an incorrect device, this would explain everything, and would still allow data to work. 

If anyone else comes across the post, and you are having similar issues, the best thing to do is contact tech support at 800-922-0204 and choose option 3 for tech to ensure this is resolved.

Thanks for posting! 

0 Likes