Samsung and Verizon MMS and SMS is useless. Look elsewhere. Carrier Specific.
trcoppol123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Known issue amongst every samsung and Verizon device. Please check out related articles. No answers from verizon, hours of run of the mill useless support, and no ownership/accountability.

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Android-General/Texts-stuck-quot-sending-quot-pictures-quot-downloa...

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/messages-stuck-quot-sending-quot-when-I-text-in-mm...

Tried on all messaging apps (Verizon Messages+, Samsung Default, Google Messages). Have cleared the data and cache, restarted phone, deleted old messages and nothing. Verizon support takes an hour to tell you to try to clear data and cahce and restart the phone....thanks.

Unbelievable.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung and Verizon MMS and SMS is useless. Look elsewhere. Carrier Specific.
AARKOV7
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been happening to me for well over a year and I hit a dead end with Verizon every time.  Called them, got multiple people on the phone.  Nothing.  Did tech support through via text.  Even got to "Level III" support and they didn't have an answer.

My details:

Samsung S9

When I try sending MMS texts, it's almost like I get throttled.  If I have a group chat going, after a decent amount of texts come through, when I try replying in the group all my texts will say "sending."  I've actually identified there's a consistent time lapse.  It takes exactly 15 minutes to pass from the start when my MMS texts get stopped, then all of my MMS texts will send at once after those 15 minutes.  It's 15 minutes on the dot every single time.

During those 15 minutes, if I try sending SMS texts, they work.  If a MMS text to an individual, that doesn't work.

It's a running joke with my friends bc they know when my texts are stuck as the group chat continues and I've stopped responding, then 15 mins later they get a flurry of texts all at once.

I did all the usual playbook nonsense they recommended, clear cache, uninstall app, etc etc.  They told me I should upgrade my phone lol.

This is definitely not a phone issue since every other message app does the same, except for "internet" based ones like FB messenger, Telegram, etc where you're not texting a number, but sending messages over the internet.  This is a Verizon service issue they can't fix or at least identify there is a problem.

How they can't look at their service and see it actually happening is baffling.  I even had people on the phone or in chat while it was happening so they can try seeing it and they couldn't identify there was an issue.

Been a Verizon customer since 2003 and I'm getting ready to switch carriers.  I doubt spending $1K on a new phone will fix this.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung and Verizon MMS and SMS is useless. Look elsewhere. Carrier Specific.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance of being able to utilize group messaging without any delays. I am aware this issue happens two times most often, one is if the messaging log is full, not just clearing the cache and cookies, but the actual log. This can create a lag in the time receiving the messages. The other situation I have seen this issue happen is when it's not all Androids in the group. Though I know it is common for separate users that use more than one type of brand of phone in a group, this is a know issue with both Apple and Android for group messaging regardless of provider. 

The two tests I would recommend is first putting a small group of people who are known Android users in a group, and seeing if they all receive and you can send messages without issue to them, if this seems to work you can continue to add them in until you see where the problem begins.

The other method we generally don't want to recommend, and it is an issue I personally had, where my message log was so full, it created a lag issue in some messaging services. That would be to clear the actual messaging history, as the whole thing due to the size can slow down a device. This issue does not happen as common this day and age as most phones can sustain a much larger abundance of messages, so I would recommend attempting to first option to see if it is a compatibility issues between Androids an iPhones. Please let us know if this information helps.

*Gert

0 Likes
AARKOV7
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I don't understand then is:

- Why do I never hear any iPhone users having the same problem?

- No other android users in my group texts have this issue where we have iPhone users

- There's been no triage done on specificity of phone / service / platform?

With all due respect, seems silly how such vague info is known on your own platform across phones that must be tailored to it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you for that additional information and can understand your concern. Do you know of any other Android users in the group having the same phone using the same app? Without being able to verify the specific details, we wouldn't be able to answer why it is not happening on other phones. If it is an issue where it is happening, then we can narrow down what each device have in common other than it being an Android phone.

-Candice

0 Likes
AARKOV7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a brand new Samsung S22 hoping it would solve the problem and it still does the same thing.  I mean come on, it's a $1000 phone that can't handle group texts?

My other friend who has a Google Pixel phone using Verizon does not have the same problem I do.

It's not an app thing.  I've used every app possible and the same issue exists.  Happens even on wifi.  This a problem on your service on how you send/receive messages.

I mentioned this to your rep at the Verizon store and he said it's Apple.  How can you have Apple products that don't work properly on your platform?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your MMS go through is always essential. I'm sorry you're still having this issue. Did he mention in what way Apple was the issue here? Is this the same with anyone you're messaging?

-Andrew

0 Likes
nightguy13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let's play "Divert the issue at hand and place blame on everything else"... Classic Verizon mantra. They won't fix anything, it's not message caching or message logs. That's a big ball of bologna. Nothing ever gets "too full". This happened on my s21 within an hour of buying it. Went to Verizon and they put in a ticket. Still no productive response from Verizon. 

Every thread that's opened with this issue they ways "offer more assistance in private messages" but when you receive those messages, there's never a solution.

You can see there are hundreds of threads open about the exact same issue dating all the way back to 2015. Fix ittttttt. 

0 Likes
AARKOV7
Enthusiast - Level 2

He said it's how Apple throttles and queues messages on your system.

But regardless what he said, he's just a sales rep.  Since there are no answers anywhere, I'll take any theory as gospel.  Your technical people should be able to address this rather easily.

Please read my earlier reply in this thread for all the details.  Many people are experiencing the same thing.

My flip phones back in the day handled group messages/MMS texts better than this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nobody likes an issue diverted. When this occurs & the device is disconnected from wifi, what does your phone display as a signal(5G, 4G/LTE, 3G, 1X)?

-Joey

0 Likes