Samsung messages+ disable automatic smiley from ":)"
HVP3076

Has anyone figured out how to disable the automatic conversion of ":)" on the keyboard in messages+ ? I saw the same question posted here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1220940#1220940 but it looks like this hasn't been resolved and the discussion is locked. It is an impossibly annoying problem.  How can it be possible that this discussion has gone on for 4 years and Verizon has failed to come up with a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung messages+ disable automatic smiley from ":)"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HVP3076 I can understand your concerns with disabling this function. We are here to help. What model Samsung device to you have? To ensure that we are on the same page you do not want them to automatically input them into the conversation?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HVP3076

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I just want to see ":)" instead of the

smiley that replaces it when I send the text message.

Thanks,

Helene

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 3:42 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, HVP3076. We have found what it looks like you are looking for. You can go to Message + > Tap the three lines to the top left > Settings > Scroll until you see "Enable Smart Emojis" > Uncheck the box. That should solve what you are looking for.

FranklinM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes