Samsung s5 not receiving all text messages.
JCL2016

I have had a samsung galaxy s5 for about 1.5 years, I have android version 6.0.1. Recently I've been told by multiple people that my phone is not receiving their text messages. They show up online in the list of messages received, but they do not show up anywhere in my phone. How can I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung s5 not receiving all text messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure all your text are sent and received with no issues is our goal JCL2016 . We would love to help with your issues. Are you using a 3rd party text application you downloaded? If so, please try enabling the default messaging app to check if your message will send and receive correctly. I would also make sure you have sufficient memory on the device.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JCL2016

I am using the default messaging app, and I should have sufficient memory - what would you recommend I have available? Any other recommendations?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JCL2016,

We want to make sure your messages come in. Is it only from the same numbers that aren't coming in or just mostly all in general? You are able to make phone calls on your device currently correct? When was the last time you restarted your device entirely?

ShirazP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AWALK543920

Yes. I can currently make calls.

Some numbers it seems I don't get the messages, others I get some but not others. I've also learned that some of my outgoing texts are not being received. The device has been restarted several times over the past few months, including last night.

0 Likes
JCL2016

Hi again -

It is from multiple numbers - I know of at least 3, and they're all Verizon customers if that matters. I can make and receive phone calls without a problem. I shut it off completely 2-3 times per week.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re going to stop at nothing to help get the text fully working JCL2016. Since it’s started over a year ago, did you switch from an iPhone? Do you notice the text giving you trouble in certain areas? If so, what zip code does it happen in?

StevenM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JCL2016

I did not switch from an iPhone - I have had Android for 5+ years. I don't know if it's location based, but zip is 06484 or 06460. Thanks.

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI THERE,

If this is still an issue, please try this:

Edit your  'message limit'  setting. This will auto purge old messages and clear up space 

Main Menu>Settings> Advanced>

-Delete old messages  - check the  box

-Conversation message limit - This is preset to 300. Choose a lower number (20, 40) to purge old messages over night. You can always re set this number.

Thanks,

ALIEM

VZMESSAGES

0 Likes
JCL2016

I have changed this setting and still experiencing the same problem. It is still an issue with both Android and iPhone users messaging my phone.

0 Likes