Sending Messages
DANSIL75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know there was an update last night.  I can send my daughter a text and as I am typing to her it says SMS and she gets it just fine.  However when I am sending a text to my son or wife it says CHAT as I am typing to them and they do not get a notification and can only get my message if their data is on.  Anybody else having this issue or have a solution to it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sending Messages
RSiebuhr

Difference between texting through WiFi and Data.

0 Likes
RH22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this issue. Its only with certain contacts and I too cannot figure out how to work around it. In the mean time those individuals cannot receive texts from me. I have to call them. What is this 1990. I don't want to actually talk to people! But seriously this needs fixed ASAP!

DANSIL75
Enthusiast - Level 1

But it's never done that before.  So are you saying that it is now using my data to send text messages?

0 Likes
RH22
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I believe its just some bug with the new update. Like others I am not sure whats going on. Its frustrating, for me its only affecting a couple contacts. But not being able to message has forced me to call instead. When you go to text it says it says "chat" instead of "sms" on the send arrow. Thats how I know the contact is messed up. None of those messages are going through either way. I cant figure out how to change it. If you check there seems to be a bunch of people experiencing similar issues

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the feedback regarding the Message+ update.

This update is "required" on all devices which are using Message+ App or client to integrate (Tablets, P.Cs) messages with primary MDN (Mobile Device Number). Failure to update all devices integrated to same MDN is known to potentially cause issue with messaging services on any of the integrated devices.

If you have the Message+ app enabled to sync messages, please be sure to update all devices with the updated version in order for the update to work properly.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes