Sending voicemail from iPhone directly to voicemail on another iPhone
janineanne

Is this possible?  I see that others have said it's option 2 in the main voicemail menu, but I don't have an option 2.  All I'm offered is 4 for personal options and * to exit.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sending voicemail from iPhone directly to voicemail on another iPhone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't see the PDF you attached, but I suspect it is referring to the basic non-visual voicemail option that isn't available through the voicemail system used by the iPhone. The option is only available by dialing *86 to get to the voicemail system on the Verizon Wireless server and not the Apple server for the iPhone voicemail system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Janineanne! We're happy to help you in any way we can. Please clarify what you're trying to do. Do you want to forward your voicemails? If so, all you need to do is open your Voicemail app (phone app), then tap on the message that you want to forward, then tap on the share icon (square with the arrow). Please keep us posted. We hope this helps.  

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
janineanne

No, I want to leave a voicemail for another Verizon customer without making their phone ring (which would disturb them at work).  There are variations of this flowchart out there which all show option 2 from the main menu to  send a voicemail, but I only have option 4 in my main menu.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/VM_2.pdf 

thanks,

janine

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't see the PDF you attached, but I suspect it is referring to the basic non-visual voicemail option that isn't available through the voicemail system used by the iPhone. The option is only available by dialing *86 to get to the voicemail system on the Verizon Wireless server and not the Apple server for the iPhone voicemail system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it, janineanne. The only guarantee that a phone will not ring are: if the device if off/Airplane Mode, contact is blocked, ringer off or Do Not Disturb is on. If this is not the case, the phone will ring before it routes to the voicemail.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
janineanne

Thanks.  I can dial *86 to get to voicemail, but it doesn't have that option so I guess it's a different server.  Darn.

0 Likes
janineanne

Thank you!

0 Likes