Sent messages not showing on phone, just tablets and PC app
daisysdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have Verizon Msg+ installed on my phone (Pixel 2 XL), multiple Samsung tablets and my Win10 PC.  When I send a text using the app on my cell phone, the sent message shows up happily in the conversation, as well as in the same conversation on the tablets and PC (app and Verizon web site.)  But when I send a text using the app on any/all of the tablets or the PC, it appears in the conversation on all of the tablets & PC, but not on the cell phone.

It’s as if the “Sent” texts are not syncing down to the phone.  The sent messages don’t appear on the Google Messages app either, so it looks like they never got to the phone.  Received messages are OK on all devices. 

This behavior seems to have started a few days ago – before last Sunday it was OK.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

0 Likes
Re: Sent messages not showing on phone, just tablets and PC app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to use your phone and devices to get all of your messages. With regard to your phone has there been any recent changes to your device prior to this happening? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
daisysdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did more checking and it seems like the problem started around June 20th.  It’s hard to be sure because from the log I can’t tell which device the message originated from.  If you can tell me how to determine the originating device I can check more thoroughly.  I send texts from my phone, any of three Samsung tablets, or the app on my PC, as is convenient, and sent messages from my phone appear on the logs on all devices, but messages sent from the other apps do not appear on my phone.

I have a Pixel 2 XL with Android 9.0 with security patch level June 5th and I’m running VZ Msg+ version 6.8.5 on all devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, daisysdad. We can understand how sending text messages from all your devices can be convenient, and we want to help get your text messaging concerns resolved. You mentioned messages sent from other applications are not syncing to your smartphone. Messages sent over other messaging applications, and services may be delivered differently, and therefore not available within Message+. This is why you're having a challenging time identifying where some of your messages are originating from. To gain clarity, when did you start using different applications to send your messages? Please ensure your Message+ applications are up to date on all of your paired devices. 

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
daisysdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't use any other apps for messaging, only VZ Msg+, although I did check for the presence of the missing messages using the Google messaging app on my phone, but I never sent messages from that app.  I exclusively use the VZ Msg+ app on my phone, my three Samsung tablets, and my Win10 PC.  Version 6.8.5 is installed on my phone and all tablets, and version 2.0.2.0 is the version on my PC.  The phone is missing the sent messages regardless of where I sent them from, except if they're sent from the phone itself.  (Missing a couple from this morning.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information daisydad. Have you tried disabling the messaging plus application from your phone and removing it from your other devices temporarily? Toggling this setting on your phone and removing/re-adding it back to other devices can help with this issue. Let us know if this works to pinpoint the issue or fix it. 

KinquanaH_VZW

Mickey2663

I am having the somewhat of the same type of problem with VZ+, except my messages are only showing up on the phone and tablet.  Nothing on Windows 10 computers.  I've talked with 3 different techs and they couldn't explain or resolve the issue.  Also, the problem started around June 20th with Verizon's last update.  I have been using the web connection to collect messages on all 5 devices. It's NOT the best, not fancy nor is it automatic but the messages will eventually showup.

0 Likes
daisysdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday I uninstalled and then reinstalled the app on my phone, tablets and PC.  I have only exchanged texts with one person since then and the sent messages are appearing correctly on all devices.

I'm cautiously optomistic and will monitor everything closely from now on.

0 Likes
MHz67
Enthusiast - Level 1

None of these recommendations are working. Still not syncing on all devices.  I have made sure ALL the Verizon Messenger apps on my devices (Windows 10, Galaxy Tablet S2, Samsung G7 now 10+) are up to date.  I have removed and re-installed individually.

The only item left is uninstall ALL the Verizon Messenger Apps and reinstall.  However, I do NOT want to lose any of my texts OR pictures.  Question:  Will ALL my texts and photos recover IF I uninstall ALL my Verizon Messenger apps?  IF so, will the texts/photos recover when I reinstall Verizon Messenger Apps.

BTW.  While I like the new features of the new Verizon Messenger, Messenger+ never seem to have this problem.

0 Likes
daisysdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

You mentioned "Verizon Messenger" vs. "Message+".  All of my Android devices have Message+, and I don't see Messenger.

I didn't uninstall/reinstall Msg+ from all of my devices at once, rather one at a time, but all of my messages were restored to all devices when I reinstalled the app.  I don't know whether there's a way to delete the messages permanently on the website (as opposed to one-at-a-time on the phone/tablets/PC app.)

Still haven't done much texting, other than to one person, so I don't know whether the problem has been solved for me.

0 Likes