Setting for Message+ on iPhone 6
RonRuud
Enthusiast - Level 2

What are the setting for using Message+ on an iphone 6?  I'm not able to receive service in my basement.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Setting for Message+ on iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Service in the basement can certainly prove to be a bit tricky, RonRuud. Sounds like you're well on your way to finding a way to utilize yur home WiFi to create a way to still receive messages when you're down there.If you haven't already, the first step would be to download Verizon Messages through your App Store. We have some great steps to get it downloaded as well as how to use some of the fantastic features of Verizon Messages at http://spr.ly/6581BPrZ3. Is there a particular settign you're looking for? Is your phone set up for WiFi at your home? Once it's downloaded, are you able to send and receive messages using the Message+ app?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RonRuud
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm more interested in being able to make a call from anywhere in my house.  Right now I have to go to my sun room and sit in one particular corner or I have NO SERVICE anywhere else in my home.  I understand that MESSAGE+ will allow me to use my Wi-Fi to get service and be able to place calls.  I'm interested in finding out what the setting would be to enable this capability.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RonRuud - Thanks for providing that clarification. The wi-fi calling is a great feature. I want to ensure you're able to use it. In order to do so, you will need to have the latest version of Verizon Messages downloaded to your iPhone. Additionally, you will want to ensure you have LTE enabled for both voice and data under Settings>Cellular. You'll also want to ensure Calling within the Verizon Messages+ application is enabled On in the app Settings (via the 3 lines in the upper left hand corner). With all the aforementioned items enabled and Wi-Fi connected, you should be able to use your iPhone 6 to make calls via Wi-Fi.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RonRuud
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm able to do everything you've stated except enabling calling on through the Message+ app under the 3 lines in the top left corner of the screen.  I'm able to reach the point of sliding the bar over but the application will not allow me to enable the app.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want any changes made to the features on your phone to be an easy transition. After you made all the adjustments needed, did you power the device off and restart it?

NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That certainly is odd RonRuud. Let's work together to figure this out. Is the Advanced Calling Feature turned on for voice and Data under Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE>Both Voice and Data?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RonRuud
Enthusiast - Level 2

All are on. Still won't allow me to slide the bar over enabling calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping me posted, @RonRuud!  It appears this feature option (WiFi Calling via Verizon Messages) is only available for Android tablets and Apple iPads.  Currently this option is not available for phones.  See more information about "Calling with Verizon Messages" here: http://vz.to/1WDED20.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes