Sharing to a Group
awerner
Enthusiast - Level 2

When sharing a photo, link, etc. to Messages+ I am unable to share to an existing Group.  I am also unable to share directly to a group MMS that already exists.  I am forced to pick each individual and hope that I included everyone in the group.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sharing to a Group
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want our Messaging app to work for you the way that it should be, awerner. We are here to help you with getting that to work for you. What model phone do you have? What happens when you try to send a photo or link when in a Group Message, do you get an error?

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
awerner
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I share within the group it works fine.  What I'm wanting to do is use the Android Share feature (Share to Messages+) and have the Groups or MMS group as an option in addition to having an option to share to individuals.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awerner,

Group Messages are a great way to communicate. I have several groups of my own. My apologies for the confusion, but we are a little unclear with the issue. Can you please elaborate? What model phone are you using? You can share a video or picture with the group, but you cannot choose that group from the Android Share menu, correct? Have you tried using any other sharing apps or menus?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
awerner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like 'recent contacts' to also show recent groups.  If you perform the 'share to' action (from any android application; select Messages + and then you are given the option of "new group" or "recent contacts".  I would like the ability to share to a "recent group" so that I don't have to select each individual contact.

0 Likes