Short Code Text Number
LIGHTKEEPER3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who does this number belong to?   720-166-****

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Short Code Text Number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIGHTKEEPER3, I understand where you're coming from. It can be confusing when you receive a call from a strange number, and are unable to call it back. It is possible that the call is from a marketer of some type. Often calls from automated dialing systems do not show up with a valid number, and are unable to be called back. You can block the number to prevent future calls here: http://spr.ly/65848dV5s

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Short codes are 4-6 digit numbers; you've listed a phone number.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The area code is for a number in the Denver Metro area. That number overlaps with 303.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIGHTKEEPER3,

We are here to help as best as possible with any concerns you have regarding a strange number you received a message from. I show that you posted an actual phone number & not a short code number. When you received this message, was there any text content inside? If so, what did it say? At times, someone can text someone

AliciaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LIGHTKEEPER3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't believe this is a standard phone number - the message was blank with this number and when I attempted to call back, it tells me there is a problem completing my call.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might not be an active number and someone had attempted to spoof it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIGHTKEEPER3, I understand where you're coming from. It can be confusing when you receive a call from a strange number, and are unable to call it back. It is possible that the call is from a marketer of some type. Often calls from automated dialing systems do not show up with a valid number, and are unable to be called back. You can block the number to prevent future calls here: http://spr.ly/65848dV5s

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes