Slow message plus on android tablet
Jimbacca
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a verizon, samsung galaxy s7 edge and a Samsung galaxy tab s3 wifi tablet. As you know verizon message plus allows you to receive a text message on your phone and your wifi tablet at the same time. Just lately when I type a message only into message plus and just on my tablet it is super slow. My phone is just fine. The text is about a second or 2 slow when I type. And about 3 or 4 seconds slow after I hit send. I have tried deleting messages. I have reinstalled the app and then resynced it to my phone and now I'm at a loss as what to do. I thank you for any suggestions you can give me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slow message plus on android tablet
GPILOT750
Enthusiast - Level 2

And just like that an update that fixes it! So happy to have this app back. I didn't realize how much I relied on thos app on my tablet until it didn't work properly. Thanks for the fix!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jimbacca,

We always want your messages working properly. When did you first notice this occurring? Did anything change on your tablet (ex: software updates, new apps, etc)? Is this occurring with every text message?

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jimbacca
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I ended up doing that fixed the issue was delete all data from the app. I thought deleting and reinstalling the app did that but I guess it doesn't. I do however still have random messages that just don't come through to the tablet. I've had that issue for years. I know that problem is more of an issue with the verizon end of it more than the app itself so if there is department you can pass that issue on to please do. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
HB1977

I have the exact same setup and the messages on my tablet are so slow that it almost makes the tablet freeze.  How did you delete the data?  I tried reinstalling, too.  I don't see where to delete the data within the app.  Did you just browse to the folder?  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HB1977, we're here to make sure your Message+ works quickly. We'd never want you to have such a delay on your messages, or have your tablet freeze up. Do you have problems with your Verizon data speeds on any other applications? When did this start? Is your WiFi turned off when you're having this problem?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jimbacca
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, thanks I am still having issues. There is no delay on any other

apps. Like I said before this tablet is a WIFI tablet. I have Comcast at

100mbps. My phone that this tablet is connected to has no delay.

On Jan 11, 2018 1:00 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
HB1977

I only have wifi, so it's not the data rate.  It started a few weeks ago, kind of suddenly.  I was going to delete the data because it was acting like email apps do after they have too much history.

0 Likes
Jimbacca
Enthusiast - Level 2

HB1977 if your tablet is running Android 7.0, go to settings/apps/message+/storage, then the "clear data" button is there. Good luck, please post if it doesn't speed things up. When typing the data has to go from your tablet to verizon then to your phone. It seams to me as though it is slow because verizons servers are slow not our devices or our internet connection.

OLDTOON

I habe had the same problem on my Samsung Tab S3 tablet. And like HB1977 it started a couple of weeks ago. It's only on the Messages app and it's a 2-6 second freeze that will eventually respond.

My phone Messages app WORKS FINE.

I cleared the cache, rebooted, and researched.

I think that maybe you're right that it's on the Verizon side.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Jimbacca We know how important it is to have your messaging work efficiently. When was the last time you updated the software on your application? Also, can you tell us how your device works when you put it in safe mode? Here's a link that'll help you start the device in safe mode. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-212537/

JoelD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes