Smart watch problems with update
Mcrea111
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been using a Note 4 with a Gear S2 and Message+ and prior to the update I was happy and they worked well.  Since the update I do not get notifications on my watch from other Message+ users.  I narrowed it down to the Gear app needs to allow Message+ notifications since they don't come in as SMS or MMS, but are "chat" using data.  When I do that I get a notification of the message, but am unable to reply directly from the watch.  Additionally, the mute function no longer works for any of the message threads which is the reason I started using the app in the first place.  I have been forced to go back to the factory Samsung messaging app which also doesn't mute, but at least my watch works as it should.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smart watch problems with update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that a software update has impacted the way your devices communicate with the Message+ application, Mcrea111. We are committed to improve your wireless experience. We definitely want to review this issue further and we must confirm what exactly is causing this issue. You indicate that an update caused this issue, please clarify the update.

Was this a phone software update?

Was it a Gear2 software update?

Was it a Message+ application update?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mcrea111
Enthusiast - Level 2

The mute function quit working when Message+ was updated. There have been no changes to the phone or the Gear S2. When I mute a message thread, the watch still vibrates and gets a message notification when there is a message received in the muted thread.  This was not happening prior to the update to the Measage+ application.  Other issues I have been able to resolve or were resolved with a subsequent update. I am currently on 6.4.5

0 Likes
FAMILYGH

I updated to the new Message+ and notification in my Samsung gear S3 are not working anymore for txt messages. Is there an ETA on the fix for this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FAMILYGH We understand the importance of making sure you receive your messages and don’t want to miss out on anything. Let’s work to make sure we get those message flowing again. Did this happen after the software update? Are you receiving notification on your cell phone? When did you update?

DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FAMILYGH

I did the update during the weekend. Notifications are working fine in my phone. The issue is that after the upgrade no txt message notifications are going to my watch Samsung Gear S3, no issues with other notifications, emails work fine. It is only with txt messages which I believe is because Verizon introduced the new chat feature. Is there an update coming to fix this?

Thanks for getting back to me

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FAMILYGH, Keeping updated is a great thing to do. If you were to switch to using the stock messaging app that came on your phone, does that make a difference?

JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mcrea111
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently using a Samsung Gear S3 and Galaxy Note 4 with Message+ 6.4.7 and when I mute a conversation/thread on my phone the notification still goes through to my Gear S3.  It seems that the other issues regarding the update related to the Smartwatch have been resolved.  The mute function was one of the core reasons that I use the app and I am patiently waiting for a fix.

0 Likes
FAMILYGH

Did you disable the chat option in settings  to make the notifications going to your watch? This seems still  broken to me . I have a gear s3

0 Likes