Re: Smartwatch issue with new Message+
MYTH

I too was having the issue with being unable to dismiss, complete, or abort the setup dialog.  Eventually, that went away.

Now there is a different interesting problem.  When I receive a text message, the notification on my Pixel comes up right away, but the notification on my Moto 360 is delayed.  It will randomly appear 2 or 3 hours later.  Notifications from other apps come up immediately, as they should.  Only Verizon Messages is affected by this delay, and only on the smartwatch, not the Android phone.

0 Likes
frog0568

I am having the same problem with my Asus watch. Text messages are showing up about a half hour later then on my phone. Also only an issue with the message app, all other apps I get notifications right away.

0 Likes
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

I didn't mention it above, but I too had instances where I would receive V-Message+ text notifications 2-3 hours after they were sent.  But that only lasted for a brief period, maybe half a morning before I stopped getting text notifications all together.

So far so good with Android messages.  I actually like it better than Verizon message+, it just seems more streamlined and the customization settings are more logical and slightly easier for me to set (IMHO).

Looking back at my Android messages transition, one little setback was I couldn't FULLY flush out V-Message+ from my moto 360.  By that I mean... the initial notification on my watch screen remained stuck with the red graphic logo V-Message+, and then when I touch or swiped it, it would take me to the Android messages app on the watch.  I tried everything to get rid of the V-Message+ looking notification, cleared cache, cleared memory, rebooted watch and phone...etc.  But could I could not get rid of it.  So there was some remnant process stuck in there... even though everything else about my watch functioned FINE using Android messages... strange.

So mid last week I did a factory reset on the watch, re-sync'ed all apps and its been 100% fine now.  There is no aspect of V-Message+ running on either my phone or my watch.

0 Likes
MYTH

The reason to use the Verizon Messages app is so that for outbound messages, you can see whether your text was Delivered and Read -- and by whom, if there are multiple recipients.  That is a handy feature.  Unfortunately, the Verizon app seems to be less stable and generally less polished than the standard Android one.  It will be nice if Verizon can step up to the plate and fix the bugs.  I can live without the polish, in return for knowing whether my messages have been delivered.

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

Well, despite assurances from Verizon Message+ support, I'd quote the e-mail but the censors here would delete my message, we're now up to 4.6.9 and notifications to smartwatches still DO NOT HAPPEN in a timely fashion.  They're 30 minutes to two hours late. 

Furthermore, we're still FORCED to try to setup calling from smartwatches that DO NOT HAVE a speaker.  Come on Verizon, how much longer do we have to put up with your excuses, buggy code, and clearly poorly designed app when it WORKED PERFECTLY until February 1st?????

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

There's another reason to use Verizon Messages.  You can send/receive messages on multiple devices, including a computer and those messages sync between devices.  It's literally the ONLY reason I tolerate the mess that is 6.4.x.  I have actually considering porting my # to Google Voice and getting a new Verizon # to solve this.  GV is 1,000x better now than Messages and actually works 100% of the time.  I should NOT have to go through the porting/new number hassles to just get this to work.

TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

Hey everyone I have a solution!  I know it's a bit of a pain, but it's not too bad, if you'll factory reset your smartwatch and let Verizon Messages install itself on the newly reset watch message notifications are INSTANT!

Man, I'm so excited.  Messages is such a terrific app with its ability to use the web to send/receive messages or the desktop app, to have this as the limiting factor was really troublesome.  I'm so happy I found a solution.  Hopefully that works for everyone else here and that helps Verizon's programmers figure out what was wrong and work to a solution so people don't have to reset their smartwatches in the future.

0 Likes
JetRocket
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's April 2019 and this issue still has not been resolved by Verizon even though this problem started in 2018 or maybe even earlier.

Verizon Message+ is garbage if Verizon is not going to properly support it and get it working on Android Wear.

0 Likes