Someone accessed my account and signed me up for integrated messaging.
tyler76767676

I'm worried they are going to access my texts. How I disable this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Someone accessed my account and signed me up for integrated messaging.
Tidbits
Legend

You sure she wouldn't? I have done it for my kids.

If your mother hasn't she can call in and make changes to remove it, or log in online with her account to make changes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Are you there account owner?

0 Likes
tyler76767676

No I am not. I am on a family plan--would one of my family members signing up cause this?

Immediately prior to being informed about my subscription to integrated messaging, I got a message about my account being accessed from an unfamiliar location. Immediately after, I received a number of Google verification code texts, so I am very worried my accounts are being compromised because now my texts are.

I've never installed Verizon Messages on my phone, so will my messages even be synced?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The account owner can do what they want with the lines they are accountable for. If you don't want them to have access and control like that you have to start your own plan or move to another carrier.

0 Likes
tyler76767676

My worry is that the account owner, my mother, would be very unlikely to sign me up for such a service. I'm worried someone outside of my family has enabled this service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tyler76767676,

You have a very valid reason for concern. Integrated messaging does allow for your texts to be sent and read from different devices (pc, tablet, another phone). However, in order to activate it from an alternate device, you have to confirm a code sent to the actual mobile number first so you may be okay. Have you logged in to My Verizon to see if you're able to view your messages http://vz.to/1TM7Cjw . Did you by chance activate it yourself by using the Message+ app on your phone? What happened that made you aware that integrated messaging was activated?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You sure she wouldn't? I have done it for my kids.

If your mother hasn't she can call in and make changes to remove it, or log in online with her account to make changes.

0 Likes