Re: Spam message from my own phone number?
dgolding1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received this too.

laelski
Enthusiast - Level 1

My mom and I (both Verizon customers) also received a message from our own numbers with this exact message.

JViation
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also received it this afternoon. What's funny is today is my autopay date so it didn't even seem out of place at first until I realized it showed up in the existing thread from my own number. As another user pointed out, it leads to what appears to be a russian news site. I didn't click it from my phone though. 

Reb1981
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got this same message. 

RedWave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here just got this message a brief time ago from my own number. How can you get an outside message from yourself? Please keep us posted if anyone has any resolution concerning this matter from Verizon. Thank you.

STEVECORSINI
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same. Whag do we do/what's going on?

Tarajachelle
Enthusiast - Level 1

This just happen to me too…

”Free Msg: Your bill is paid for March. Thanks, here's a little gift for you: dfooh8.xyz/h8o0VF1mZU” 

This is what I received at 7:41pm

What do we do Verizon? How is it that you have allowed this sort of spamming?

iknopfler

Hello Verizon??

Unless I'm not seeing it, I dont see an answer from Verizon on this. Got my second message like this today and between my email being hacked last year, and the fact that apparently our phone number is now up for grabs for marketing calls, this is concerning. I know some privacy issues are beyond Verizon's control, but some are not and this needs to be addressed. Anyone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, and for the information. What you are experiencing is called Caller ID Spoofing. This is a technique that allows a caller or sender to change the information associated with a number. Spoofing is not caused by an error in the network or your phone. Spoofing usually happens when the calling party uses a paid service which allows the calling party to change the message sent as Caller ID. The FCC has gotten involved and has recommended customers file a complaint. I have included a link where the complaint can be filed. http://spr.ly/6187DdAMz Please review the information on this link about our Call Filter service: http://spr.ly/6601KtJ49 This can help prevent or stop calls and texts altogether. Does this information help? ~Roger

rustywalker777

Received the same text as well.  As I read the other replies, It looks like this has been going on all day.  Verizon should have stopped this by now.

0 Likes