Re: Spam message from my own phone number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, BS34. We would recommend forwarding the spam text to 7726 to report the number. This will help us be proactive in blocking the numbers for you. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Some1inWSuffield, I am here and happy to help in any way I can with your texting concerns. This is most likely a spoof text. Let's gather more information to better assist. Which messaging application did this come through? Is it password protected? 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! We're terribly sorry about the situation. Rest assured that we're doing everything we can't to stop these messages. Verizon is aware that bad actors are sending spam text messages to some customers which appear to come from the customers' own number. Our team is actively working to block these messages, and we have engaged with U.S. law enforcement to identify and stop the source of this fraudulent activity. Verizon continues to work on behalf of the customer to prevent spam texts and related activity. We appreciate your patience while this is taken care of.    ~Aaron

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, my! This is far from the wireless experience we want for you. Your account security is a top priority. I do understand you took multiple steps when getting this link via text. It is recommended to update your email address & My Verizon password, along with your account PIN if it was entered. You can update your account PIN via My Verizon here: www.verzonwireless.com/PIN 

-Kia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out. We know firsthand how fast unwanted messages can become a nuisance. We recommend that you do not click on any links from any suspicious messages that you receive. Spammeers will try to trick unsuspected customers to provide account information. What number did the message the other line recieved come from, did it come up as Unknown? ~Roger

0 Likes