Spam option not in messenger + anymore?
dionnep7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi I've had more spam recently in my messenger+ text app....  And I normally just highlight the text and choose "report spam" .....  But that option is now gone?  Can't find out why it's not there?   How do I get it back?  Should I download a new text app instead?  Help

In a Motorola Droid z force...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Spam option not in messenger + anymore?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spam messages can be quite annoying dionnep7. I understand the need to prevent them as much as possible and I'm sorry you no longer have the option to report them. Let's do some trouble-shooting and get this fixed where you won't receive so much spam. Are you using a 3rd party messaging app you downloaded or the messaging app that came with the phone or the messenger + app from us? We also offer an option to block spam messages. Here are a few links with those options that may help with your issues http://vz.to/1fEISaa , http://vz.to/2FjrLxD . Please let me know if this information is helpful and if you're still getting the spam text.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dionnep7
Enthusiast - Level 2

The links you sent me aren't working they go to a blank page on the Verizon

site saying an unexpected error occurred. Additionally I am using the

message app from Verizon, the message is Plus. I thought I used to be able

to block people but now I can't. If we can't figure this out shortly I'm

just going to have to go to a third party app

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018, 8:39 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try opening the links on the website and not in the email notification.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

They put so much junk in message+ that is why people are complaining so much about it. I think between the spam messages and other issues with the updated app that this is why it is using so much of your data too.

I have read that the app can use more than a gig of data ( sometimes way more ) over a billing cycle where before the update it didn't use hardly any data. It is really kind of dumb to put spam in their messaging app that is designed for Verizon.They have the phone filled with other apps and operating system that track everything we do and say anyways. Why bother us while we are texting one another

0 Likes