Speech to Text intermittantly not working.
Adamsr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy smg950u. Messages+ 8.1.6  Sometimes when I try to dictate I get an error message: "An unexpected error has occured.  Please try again later."  Location isn't  the problem. I'm in the same location when it works  and when it doesn't. Google speech to text always works.

Re: Speech to Text intermittantly not working.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. The error message is a standard error message, which is often due to a App conflict. Does more than one App utilize text to speech on the device? How long ago did this issue start to occur?

*Gert

0 Likes
Adamsr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

3 weeks ago. Don't recall adding any apps. I tried closing all. It didn't  help. The only stuff I  have using speech to text are Messages+, Email app 14.23.0.36640, Google stuff and Chrome. No problems with Google and Chrome.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information. We are happy to review this with you in depth. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here. We look forward to working with you soon!

*Robert

0 Likes
Adamsr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy smg950u. Messages+ 8.1.6  Sometimes when I try to dictate I get an error message: "An unexpected error has occured.  Please try again later."  Location isn't  the problem. I'm in the same location when it works  and when it doesn't. Google speech to text always works.

*Robert

That is a great question. The error message is a standard error message, which is often due to a App conflict. Does more than one App utilize text to speech on the device? How long ago did this issue start to occur?

*Gert

3 weeks ago. Don't recall adding any apps. I tried closing all. It didn't  help. The only stuff I  have using speech to text are Messages+, Email app 14.23.0.36640, Google stuff and Chrome. No problems with Google and Chrome.

*Robert

Thank you for this information. We are happy to review this with you in depth. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here. We look forward to working with you soon!

Thanks for the offer. How do I send a Private Note?

*Robert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Adamsr2, thank you for your response. I've sent you a Private Note. Please respond to the Private Note to continue.  -Alicia

0 Likes
Adamsr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't find the private note.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Adamsr2, This link may work better for you to pull up your note page:  http://spr.ly/6605znR6c;

-Nicci

0 Likes