Spell correction colors
sethrandall

How do I change the colors on the spelling correction dropdown?

If I type something wrong (or voice to text messes up) and I touch the underlined word, the contrast between the suggested text and the background is so low that I can't read it. Especially if it is bright out.

Screenshot attached

Screenshot_20171102-152336.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Spell correction colors
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sethrandall,

Although you can change background colors and other aspects of the Message + app, there does not exist a way to specifically change the colors of the spellcheck words. Changing some background colors may serve to make it easier to read though. Check out this comprehensive guide-->http://vz.to/2tWmEOo.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sethrandall

Unfortunately that makes no difference. There is no color or contrast change for any of the customization I tried. Could you file a case/feature request to change it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that this is resolved, Sethrandall. Just to verify, what is the make and model of your device? Do you notice this issues on other applications or only the Message+ app?

This may be an issue with one of the new Samsung updates if so, the recommended workaround is to use an alternate keyboard. To make this change, here are the steps:  Apps > Settings > Language and Input > Virtual Keyboard > Manage Keyboards.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sethrandall

I am using a Samsung S7. It is only in the Message+ app. Some apps don't offer the correction at all. The Samsung Memo app does and uses black and orange text on a white background which is much more readable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sethrandall, it’s so critical to be able to read your spelling correction dropdown words. Let’s have you try to go into Message + > Click the Menu option (three dots in the top right corner) > Click Customize > Choose Reset to Default or try to change some of the settings to see if it improves your view. You can also go through all your settings options by going into Apps > Settings > Applications > Message + > Change the settings to what you prefer. Please notify us if this helps to resolve your current issue.

SeanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sethrandall

Thank you for your response. I have reset the customizations and tested all of the color options. None of them appear to change the spell check colors. I have a feeling that they are hard coded into the app.

0 Likes
CARSPA24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem.  I've been to the stores and nobody understands the problem nor how to fix it.  This is so frustrating.  It is a feature I can't use because you simply cannot see black letters on a dark grey background.  I'm using a brand new Galaxy S8.  Incidentally, the problem did not occur on my LG G5.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!  Carl [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
corytennant
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has this bug been fixed yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sethrandall, I do appreciate all that you have done in getting this fixed. I understand how hard it is to read the spell check on a dark background. You can leave feedback with Messages + to advise how they can improve their app. There are no updates as of yet Corytennant. You will need to go to the Play Store and find Verizon Messages app and scroll down and select send an email. This will send your feedback to the developers to improve your messaging experience. In the meantime, I would recommend downloading a 3rd party application in the meantime to get the customization you want. Did I explain this okay?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes