Stopped receiving text messages 3 days ago
chkut
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can send texts people get them, but I am not getting texts that they send to me. This started around Sunday or Monday. I have an HTC DNA. I haven't installed any new apps lately. I have been receiving texts on my phone since I got it last March.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stopped receiving text messages 3 days ago
chkut
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. For my phone it was a little different, but your instructions helped me figure it out.

For the HTC DNA it is....

Settings > Apps

At the bottom are Downloaded, Running, All

Click All

Scroll to and click Messages

Click Clear Cache

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well I'm not sure what phone you have but you might try clearing the Cache for your Text messaging, And if your not wanting to hang onto your message Delete most or all of them..

You might check with customer service see they can check the Look at your account and your Text delivery packages there might be something in the system hanging up causing this issue)  Here is Customer Services Number 1-800-922-0204 choose option 3 Tech Services)  If your needing them to answer any Questions tonight there still open for another Hour they on Mountain time.. b33 

0 Likes
chkut
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already deleted almost all my text messages. I do not know how to clear my cache. Do you know how?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What kind of phone do you have Android or iPhone)  I'v always had a android there basically all same in OS is that what kind you have?  Let me know and we'll proceed from there..

0 Likes
chkut
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HTC DNA

I called tech support and they sent me a text and I got it. It might be a problem with the 2 people who send me texts. They have iphones. I am checking with them to see if the problem is on their end.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok well just to pass on you can do this in the mean While ( Go to your settings on your phone, find the apps Icon and tap on it once it's opened you'll see on the top of the Page [ Downloaded <> Internal Storage <> Running <> and then All ]  from there scroll up till you come to the Text Messaging Green with a Smile) Tap to go in You see clear Cache and above it Clear Data now you can Clear the Cache and it should help or resolve the issue but if the issue persist then I'd Clear the Data but the cache clean should help..

Keep me posted.. b

0 Likes
chkut
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. For my phone it was a little different, but your instructions helped me figure it out.

For the HTC DNA it is....

Settings > Apps

At the bottom are Downloaded, Running, All

Click All

Scroll to and click Messages

Click Clear Cache

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey your Welcome.. Need more assistance just give me holler. Have a Good morning. b

0 Likes