Stopping VZW Free Msg
Jazz3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to stop the vzn free txt messages when you log on to Verizon messaging?    I can't install the app at work but would like to see them.  Its annoying when everytime I log on at the office it automatically sends me a text to notify me that its been accessed.  How do I stop this text?  It comes from 555-5 so you can't block that number.

Labels (1)
Re: Stopping VZW Free Msg
KiowaBabe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd like to know the same thing. It just recently started and when I log in at work I get the texts every time I have to log in again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kiowababe- I know exactly what text message you're referring to! You can either mute the conversation thread via the Message+ Application, or simply register the computer you're using to avoid the notification. You may download the app for your PC/Mac here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/verizon-messages/

TylerK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jazz3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't load the desktop on my office computer or I may get fired!  How do you mute the conversation?  I don't know how to do that?  It doesn't show up on the messages received on verizon messages.  Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jazz3 Let’s keep you out of trouble. Are you doing this on your phone or on your computer? If you are doing this on your phone, please follow the next steps. To be able to mute a conversation, click on the avatar of the conversation you want to mute. This should give you some options for that conversation, including the mute option. If you cannot find that there, select the conversation and then the menu option.
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

To illustrate what Joel is saying:

Open the 5555 message,

Tap the Conversation Menu (3dots),

Select 'Mute Conversation'. Done!

You will get the notifications, but your phone will not ping you.

Update_Convo-Menu.png

0 Likes