Strange VZ text messages?
MITMAC85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been receiving multiple VZ messages containing a PIN number. I have not tried accessing my account or changing my login information. Why am I receiving these text messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Strange VZ text messages?
MITMAC85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've received these text messages at 8:55 am, 9:15 am and 9:35 am (precisely every 20 minutes - we'll see if it continues).

0 Likes
galaxygrl2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am receiving the same texts...again 20 minutes apart...7:39a, 7:59a, 8:19am. I've had my phone for years and don't use VZ messaging. I haven't touched my settings. What's going on??

MITMAC85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have yours continued? Mine appear to have stopped. Last one received was 35 minutes ago at 9:35 am.

0 Likes
galaxygrl2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got those 3...it seems to have stopped, but it concerns me since I

don't know why I got them.

0 Likes
MITMAC85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. I'm concerned whether someone may have been improperly attempting to access our accounts.

It would be nice if someone from VZ would jump in and address this...

MITMAC85
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI, I spoke to VZ and they said the messages didn't come from them. Unless, that is, they were generated from the VZ site by someone trying to access our accounts. The suggest updating our passwords.

galaxygrl2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the update! I updated all my accounts shortly after the issue

just in case that was the response. Thanks again.

Lila1966
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently replaced my existing phone because it was dieing/crashing. I started getting text messages with a PIN number because my old phone is being used for internet access only through home wi-fi.  Verizon keeps demanding that I activate the old phone, but the text messages they send out are received on the phone that HAS SERVICE.

So bottom line is that I am getting unsolicited texts because I continue to allow the use of a broken phone for internet access through wi-fi (hence VERIZON isn't making a dime) so they decided to it is appropriate to harass me on my existing service.

Funny thing is that I believe that I PURCHASED my old phone, so silly me thought I could do with it what I want (within all laws and regulations).  Guess VERIZON disagrees, which is BOGUS!

yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

I would also be alarmed if I received a text regarding an account pin. However, our team has identified this as a system issue and we do apologize for this experience.

Our team is currently working on getting this resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes