Suddenly receiving blank text messages from Facebook 2FA
JasonNunez23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

A while ago I signed up for Facebook's 2-Factor Authentication via text message.

The process has always been flawless and I always received a text message with a 6-digit code that I could use to log into my account.

However, since 3 days ago the text messages coming from Facebook have been competently blank with no 6-digit code.

I've tried removing the 2-FA option from my Facebook account but I need a 6-digit code to remove it!

Facebook says that the issue might be coming from my service provider. 

Can you guys help me out here? I cannot log into my Facebook account until I get this issue resolved.

Thanks, 

Jason 

Re: Suddenly receiving blank text messages from Facebook 2FA
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JasonNunez23 wrote:

Hi,

A while ago I signed up for Facebook's 2-Factor Authentication via text message.

The process has always been flawless and I always received a text message with a 6-digit code that I could use to log into my account.

However, since 3 days ago the text messages coming from Facebook have been competently blank with no 6-digit code.

I've tried removing the 2-FA option from my Facebook account but I need a 6-digit code to remove it!

Facebook says that the issue might be coming from my service provider. 

Can you guys help me out here? I cannot log into my Facebook account until I get this issue resolved.

Thanks, 

Jason 

You might identify what make/model phone you have.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
indigoblur
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is happening for me to.  I have a brand new Samsung S22 plus.

indigoblur
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI I have my phone connected to my laptop and the texts appear blank there too.

0 Likes
Ssweat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem with my new Samsung s22+. got the phone Tuesday and can't get into FB because of the blank texts. has anyone figured this out?

0 Likes
Wateracer

I'm having the same issue with my new S22. Receiving blank Facebook verification text messages so I can't get into my Facebook account. 

0 Likes
Tdejanovic

I am having the same issue with S22 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jav6, we know how important it is to ensure you are able to access your Facebook account at all times. Are you able to send and receive text messages from others without any issues? Is the issue with receiving the blank text message only from Facebook? 

-Shelly

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Jav6, we know how important it is to ensure you are able to access your Facebook account at all times. Are you able to send and receive text messages from others without any issues? Is the issue with receiving the blank text message only from Facebook? 

-Shelly

Shelly, I am NOT one of the posters with the issue.  

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ssweat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shelly - yes it is only FB.  They don't have a customer support line you can access without logging in. But it seems this issue is limited to new s22+ on Verizon from what I can tell by checking other forums. On the Google messaging app the text is blank on the Samsung messaging app the text says "content not supported"